To ensure good health and rapid growth you need to know the features of feeding animals. First of all, it all depends on the products. They should be fresh and healthy, it is important to diversify the diet and sometimes add new products. How many times a day to feed the rabbits, and in what quantities? Theoretically, they can eat up to 30 times a day, but in practice it is impossible to provide such a frequency. Below we consider how experienced breeders come out of this situation.
To breed rabbits, you need to know the basics of rabbit breeding. It is important to closely monitor compliance with the following rules:
- It is forbidden to feed products with signs of damage and mold. Such food can not only poison, but also kill a pet.
- Greens give without dew, it should be dry to the touch.
- A varied diet changes from time to time and is complemented by new products.
- In the drinking bowl should always be fresh water, which is changed every 1-2 days. Lack of constipation and reduced lactation of nursing females.
- Rabbits are habituated to the feeding schedule by giving food at a certain time every day.
- Rabbits of different ages, races, breeds and purposes have a different diet.
Experienced breeders advise that the animal always has a stable access to the food source. In the wild, they do not feed on schedule. It is necessary to ensure this in terms of cellular content. You can read more about this in the Mikhailov method.
The pet should eat not only plants, but also animal products (fish oil, bone meal). In addition, it is useful to give silage, including the necessary trace elements.
How many times to feed the rabbits depends on their destination and your capabilities. If given the opportunity, the animal can eat up to 30 times a day. Since there is no such possibility, there are two main ways. On large farms they feed 2 times a day, in the morning and in the evening. Private breeders are more loyal and give to eat 3 times.
Winter feeding mode:
- The first feeding at 8 am, give half the daily rate of hay and concentrates.
- At 12 o’clock the animal receives a full daily rate of root vegetables.
- At 17 o’clock give the second half of the concentrates and hay, as well as tree branches.
Three meals a day in summer:
- At 6 o’clock the rabbits are given 1/3 of the daily rate of grass and 1/2 of the concentrate.
- At 15 o’clock 1/3 of grass and other greenery.
- At 19 o’clock the remaining concentrates, grass and branches.
It is important to dilute the diet and add vegetables and grains to it: carrots, cabbage, potatoes, corn, barley, oats and more.
Feeding females need four meals. They are given extra food at 10-11 pm. Mostly give the products needed to improve lactation.
Thus, how many times to feed the rabbits depends on you, basically it is 3-4 feedings per day.
We recommend that you read the plate of the maximum daily allowance for adults (in grams).